Offline auto tuning (Pr. 80 to Pr. 96)
4.12 Offline auto tuning (Pr. 80 to Pr. 96)
4.12.1 Offline auto tuning function
(Pr. 9, Pr. 80, Pr. 81, Pr. 83, Pr. 84, Pr. 71, Pr. 96, Pr. 450, Pr. 452
If any other manufacturer's motor is used, using the offline auto tuning function runs the motor with the
optimum operating characteristics.
By performing offline auto tuning, the inverter measures the necessary motor constants.
Offline auto tuning can be performed with an inertia load, e.g. coupling, connected. (As the load is lighter,
tuning accuracy is higher. Tuning accuracy does not change if the inertia is large.)
For the offline auto tuning, you can select either the motor non-rotation mode or rotation mode.
The rotation mode has higher tuning accuracy than the non-rotation mode. The rotation mode should be
selected for the online auto tuning.
If any other manufacturer's motor is used, perform offline auto tuning (Pr. 96="101") with motor alone to run
the motor before performing online auto tuning. (The motor with inertia load can be connected.)
(For online auto tuning, refer to the Instruction Manual (basic).)
1. The motor capacity is equal to or one rank lower than the inverter capacity.
2. Special motors such as high-slip motor and high-speed motor cannot be tuned.
3. Motor runs at up to about the rated speed of the motor.
4. Make sure that the motor is connected. (At a tuning start, the motor should be at a stop.)
5. Tune the motor alone without connecting a load (e.g. frictional stationary load) to the motor.
(An inertia load such as a coupling may remain connected.)
6. Use the encoder that is coupled directly to the motor shaft without looseness.
7. Offline auto tuning will not be performed properly if it is performed with a reactor or surge voltage
suppression filter connected between the inverter and motor. Remove it before starting tuning.
• You can copy the tuning data (motor constants) to another inverter with the PU (FR-DU04-
• The offline auto tuning status can be monitored with the PU (FR-DU04-
Set the following parameters.
(1) Parameters related to tuning of the first motor
Electronic thermal O/L relay
Number of motor poles
Rated motor voltage
Rated motor frequency
Auto tuning setting/status
Number of encoder pulses
Encoder rotation direction
Thermal relay protector
Refer to page 123 and set "3 (standard motor)", "13 (constant-torque motor)" or "33
(vector control dedicated motor)". Electronic thermal characteristics are also changed
in accordance with the motor.
0 to 500A
(Set 0 for use of
Rated inverter output curent
0.4 to 55kW
2, 4, 6
0 to 1000V
20 to 200Hz
0, 1, 101
0 to 4096
Refer to the motor rating plate
and set the rated value.
: Auto tuning not performed
: Tuning performed without
101 : Tuning performed with motor