General information and tips
Please comply with these instructions. If
you do not, any damage resulting is not
covered by the warranty.
• In the event of faults with the appliance or
damage to the ceramic glass (cracks,
scratches or splits), the appliance must
be turned off and disconnected from the
electrical supply to prevent the possibility
of an electric shock.
• Repairs to the appliance must only be
carried out by trained registered
• The appliance should be placed in a well
ventilated environment and at least 10cm
from the wall.
• Never use the appliance when the power
cable is damaged.
• The appliance should be placed on a ﬂat
surface in order to prevent the pot from
slipping when placed on the cooking zone.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities;
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• If the mains cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer, or a
service centre authorised by
manufacturer in order to avoid hazard.
• Young children must be kept away from
the appliance. Only let older children
work on the appliance under supervision.
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with this appliance.
• This appliance should be used only for
normal domestic cooking.
• The appliance must not be used as a
work surface or as a storage surface.
• Never use the appliance in a high
• Additions or modiﬁcations to the
appliance are not permitted.
• Do not place or store ﬂammable liquids,
highly inﬂammable materials or fusible
objects (e.g. plastic ﬁlm, plastic,
aluminium) on or near the appliance.
• Remove stickers and ﬁlm from the
ceramic glass before use.
• There is a risk of burns from the appliance
if used carelessly.
• Cables from electrical appliances must not
touch the hot surface of the appliance or
• Overheated fat and oil can ignite quickly.
When cooking with fat or oil (e.g. frying chips)
do not leave the appliance unattended.
• Turn the appliance off after each use.
• Users with implanted pacemakers should
keep their upper body at least 30cm from
appliance that is turned on.
• Risk of burns! Do not place objects made
of metal, such as knives, forks, spoons
and saucepan lids on the cooking zone, as
they can get hot.
• Do not block the air inlet and outlet.
• Make sure the surface of the pot in contact
with the cooking zone is clean (e.g. oil or water).
• This appliance is intended for household
use or similar places such as shops,
ofﬁces and pantry areas in work
environment; farm houses; hotels, motels
and other accommodation places for use
by the guests; and breakfast areas.
Safety when cleaning
• For cleaning, the appliance must be turned
off, unplugged and cooled down.
• Make sure no water enters into the air inlet
• For safety reasons, the cleaning of the
appliance with steam jet or high pressure
cleaning equipment is not permitted.
safety instructions 3