Making the disc compatible with playback on
other devices (Finalizing)
Finalizing makes the recorded disc compatible for playback with other devices and DVD
drives of computers.
Before finalizing, you can select a type of DVD menu that enables you to select a particular
scene (p. 75).
Discs recorded with HD (high definition) image quality
Discs of all kinds should be finalized.
Discs recorded with SO (standard definition) image quality
• Finalize DVD-R/DVD+R DLIDVD-RW.
• Finalize DVD+RW in the following cases:
- To create the DVD menu
- To playback in the DVD drives of computers
- Recorded time is short (5 minutes or less in HQ mode, 8 minutes or less in SP mode and 15
minutes or less in LP mode)
• Playback compatibility with all device is not guaranteed.
• Only the devices compatible with the AVCHD format can play the discs recorded with HD (high
definition) image quality (p. 76). Currently available DVD devices cannot play these discs.
• In the case of SD (standard definition) image quality, a DVD menu is created instead of a disc menu.
The following operations are for the discs recorded with HD (high definition) image quality.
~ To play back a disc on another device
"for the first time (p. 75)
' ; ' -
Make a desired disc