Motions and Gestures
The Motions and Gestures settings allow you to set up
various Motion activation services. For more information on
using gestures, see "Using Motions and Gestures" on
1. From the Settings screen, touch Motions and
2. Touch the ON/OFF button at the top of the screen to
turn Motions and Gestures ON
3. Touch the ON/OFF button next to each of the following
options to turn the option ON
• Direct call: The phone dials the currently displayed
onscreen Contact entry as soon as you place the phone
to your ear.
• Smart alert: Pickup the phone to be alerted and
notified if you have missed any calls or messages.
• Zoom: You must be on a screen where content can be
zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two points
on the display then tilt the phone back and forth to
zoom in or out.
• Move an icon: Move an icon from one page to another
by moving the phone to the left or right while holding
the selected icon.
• Browse an image: Touch and hold a desired onscreen
image to pan around it. Move the phone left or right to
pan vertically or up and down to pan horizontally.
• Mute/pause: Mute incoming calls and any playing
sounds by turning the phone display down on a surface.