Wi-Fi Direct allows device-to-device connections so you can
transfer large amounts of data over a Wi-Fi connection.
Note: See your service plan for applicable charges for
1. From a Home screen, touch
2. Touch the ON/OFF button to turn Wi-Fi ON
3. At the bottom of the Wi-Fi screen, touch Wi-Fi Direct.
4. Enable Wi-Fi Direct on the other device. Consult the
other device's documentation for more information.
5. On your phone, touch Scan.
The phone scans for other Wi-Fi Direct devices.
6. Once the device you want to connect to displays,
7. The other device has 2 minutes to touch Accept for the
connection to be made.
8. Once connected, the other device will show as
Connected in your list of Wi-Fi Direct devices and the
icon will display at the top of your screen.
Sharing Information with Connected Device
To share Videos, Photos, or other information with the
connected device, follow these steps:
1. View the information that you want to share. For
example, if you want to share a photo, find the photo in
your camera viewer or My Files folder, then touch the
Share via option.
2. Touch the Wi-Fi Direct option.
3. Touch the connected device name. For example,
4. Touch Done.
5. The file is transferred and the other device will receive
a screen notification that a Wi-Fi file has been
received. The file can be found in My Files
Device storage in the ShareViaWifi folder.
Note: Depending on the other device model, the prompts and
shared folder information may differ.