63602003GB.fm Page 23 Monday, May 29, 2006 11:32 AM
PRECAUTIONS AND GENERAL
• Use the refrigerator compartment only for
the storage of fresh food and the freezer
compartment only for the storage of frozen
food, the freezing of fresh food, and to make
• During installation, make sure the appliance
does not damage the power cable.
• Do not store glass containers with liquids in
the freezer since they may burst.
• Do not eat ice cubes or ice lollies immediately
after taking them out of the freezer since they
may cause cold burns.
• Before servicing or cleaning the appliance,
unplug it from the mains or disconnect the
electrical power supply.
• Make sure that the appliance is not near a heat
• Do not store or use petrol, gas or flammable
liquids in the vicinity of the appliance or other
electrical appliances. The fumes can create a
fire hazard or explosion.
• To ensure adequate ventilation, leave a space
on both sides and above the appliance and
follow the installation instructions.
• Keep the appliance ventilation openings free.
• All appliances equipped with an ice maker or
water dispenser must be connected to a
mains water supply that delivers potable
water only (with water pressure between 1.7
and 8.1 bar (25 and 117 PSI)). Ice makers and/
or water dispensers not directly connected to
a mains water supply must be filled with
potable water only.
• Install and level the appliance on a floor strong
enough to take its weight and in an area
suitable for its size and use.
• For the water connection, use the pipe
supplied with the new appliance and do not
use that of the previous appliance.
• The appliance must be handled and installed
by two or more persons.
Downloaded from Fridge-Manual.com Manuals
• Place the appliance in a dry and well-
ventilated place. The appliance is set for
operation at specific ambient temperature
ranges, according to the climatic class
indicated on the data plate: The appliance may
not work properly if it is left for a long period
at a temperature above or below the
Amb. T. (°C)
From 10 to 32
From 16 to 32
From 18 to 38
From 18 to 43
• Be careful not to damage the floors when you
move the appliance (e.g. parquet flooring).
• Do not use mechanical, electric or chemical
means other than those recommended by the
Manufacturer to speed up the defrost
• Do not damage the refrigerator's refrigerant
• Do not use or place electrical appliances
inside the compartments if they are not of the
type expressly authorised by the
• This appliance is not designed for use by
young children or the infirm without
• To avoid the risk of children being trapped and
therefore suffocating, do not allow them to
play or hide inside the appliance.
• Power cable modification or replacement
must only be carried out by qualified
• Do not use single/multiple adapters or
• It must be possible to disconnect the
appliance from the mains by unplugging it or
by means of a two-pole switch fitted upline of
• Ensure that the voltage indicated on the
appliance data plate corresponds to the
domestic supply voltage
• Do not swallow the contents (non-toxic) of
the ice packs (if provided).
• The Manufacturer declines any liability if the
above recommendations and precautions are
Amb. T. (°F)
From 50 to 90
From 61 to 90
From 64 to 100
From 64 to 110