Certificate restoring for BB5 products
This procedure is performed when the device flash content is changed or corrupted.
All tunings (RF & Baseband, UI) must be done after performing the certificate restoring procedure.
The procedure for certificate restoring is the following:
• Flash the phone with the latest available software using FLS-5 or FPS-10.
USB flashing does not work if certificates and IMEI are missing from the phone.
• Create a request file.
• Send the file to Nokia by e-mail. Use the following addresses depending on your location:
• APAC: firstname.lastname@example.org
• CHINA: email@example.com
• E&A: firstname.lastname@example.org
• When you receive a reply from Nokia, carry out certificate restoring.
• Tune the phone completely.
The request won't be accepted without a SX-4 smart card. Before the request, the smart card
must be registered in the online database.
Page 3 –32
Copyright © 2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.
BB Troubleshooting and Tuning Guide