5. In the RX Power measurement window, select:
• Mode: RSSI
• Continuous mode
6. Click Start to perform the measurement.
The reading should reflect the level of the signal generator (-losses) ± 5 dB.
General instructions for transmitter (TX) troubleshooting
Please note the following before performing transmitter tests:
• TX troubleshooting requires TX operation.
• Do not transmit on frequencies that are in use!
• The transmitter can be controlled in local mode for diagnostic purposes.
• The most useful Phoenix tool for GSM transmitter testing is "RF Controls"; in WCDMA transmitter testing
the best tool is "TX Control".
• Remember that re-tuning is not a fix! Phones are tuned correctly in production
Never activate the GSM or WCDMA transmitter without a proper antenna load. Always connect
a 50 Ω load to the RF connector (antenna, RF-measurement equipment or at least a 2 W dummy
load); otherwise the GSM or WCDMA Power amplifier (PA) may be damaged.
GSM transmitter troubleshooting
1. Set the phone to local mode.
2. Activate RF controls in Phoenix (Testing→GSM→Rf Controls ).
Make settings as shown in the picture:
These settings are for GSM 900 band, if troubleshooting for other bands is necessary, adjust
the settings according to the troubleshooting flowchart.
Page 4 –14
Copyright © 2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.