EPSON Stylus Photo R340/350
Printing operations are performed
properly, but abnormal noises are
produced after turning the power On and
• CR Position:
The bottom of the Carriage Unit comes
into contact with the surface of the Front
The Carriage Unit hits against the Upper
Paper Guide while the Carriage Unit is
• Dot missing
Ink cannot be discharged from the Print
Head to the Cap.
Table 1-13. Abnormal Noises are Produced during Operation
1. Check if the CR Guide Shaft is properly lubricated.
1. Check if the Change Lever moves smoothly.
EJ Frame Assy.
1. Check if the EJ Frame Assy. has warped upward.
Upper Paper Guide 1. Check if the Upper Paper Guide has not come off the
Table 1-14. Print Quality Problems
1. Check the shielding rubber of the Cap Unit for any
damage or foreign material.
2. Check if the Compression Spring 2.53 is properly
1. Wipe off the remaining oil on the CR Guide
1. Replace the Ink System with a new one.
1. Replace the EJ Frame Assy. with a new one.
1. Install the Upper Paper Guide correctly.
1. Remove the foreign material from the
2. Replace the Ink System with a new one.
Shaft and re-lubricate the shaft properly.
* If the Ink System is damaged, replace it
with a new one.