EPSON Stylus Photo R340/350
The Carriage Unit hits against the Upper
Paper Guide which has come off the
Main Frame at power-on.
• CR Position:
The Carriage Unit hits against the right
side of the Main Frame at power-on.
Table 1-6. Troubleshooting of Fatal Errors based on Observed Symptom (continued)
Upper Paper Guide 1. Check if the Upper Paper Guide has not come off the
1. Check if the CR Scale gets dirt.
2. Check if the CR Scale is damaged.
3. Check if the CR Scale has come off or it properly runs
Upper Paper Guide
through the slit of the CR Encoder Sensor.
1. Install the Upper Paper Guide correctly.
1. Wipe off the dirt completely or replace the
CR Scale with a new one if it is stained badly.
2. Replace the CR Scale with a new one.
3. Install the CR Scale correctly.
* If the above does not solve the problem, try
the following actions one by one in the
1. Replace the Main Board Assy. with a new
2. Replace the CR Encoder Sensor with a