• Charge until the Battery Status LED Indicator green LED lights or flashes (approximately 20¬30
hours). DO NOT CHARGE FOR LONGER THAN 30 HOURS USING THIS METHOD.
• Once recharging is completed, disconnect the adapter from the external charging source.
• After AC recharging, wait 5 minutes before using the Spotlight.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PROPERTY DAMAGE:
Do not turn on any lights or operate any appliances through the Spotlight's DC Accessory Outlet when
using the 120 Volt AC Charger.
Charging/Recharging Using the 12 Volt DC Power/Charging Cord
Make sure the DC source (jump¬starter, battery pack, vehicle accessory outlet, etc.) is 12 volt DC and
is able to supply at least one half amp at 12 volt DC for 8 hours. This means a battery pack should be
charged with at least 4 amp hours capacity.
The VEC158BD can be simultaneously charged and operated from a 12 volt DC source. Make sure the
12 volt DC source can supply minimum 15 amps of current if the Spotlight is to be operated while the
batteries are being charged.
• Insert the 12 volt DC plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging/Power Adapter into the accessory outlet
of your vehicle or other 12 volt DC power source.
• Plug the dual pin tip end into the 12 Volt DC Charging/Power Port on the back of the unit.
• Charge until the Battery Status LED Indicator green LED lights or flashes when the Battery Status
Display pushbutton is pressed (approximately 3-4 hours). DO NOT CHARGE FOR LONGER THAN 4
HOURS USING THIS METHOD.
When using a vehicle' s 12 volt DC accessory outlet as a charging source, be aware that some vehicles require you to turn on the
ignition to power the accessory outlet.
WARNING: NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE AC CHARGER AND DC POWER/CHARGING PORT
IMPORTANT: The spotlight will NOT operate while charging using the 120 volt AC method. The
spotlight can be operated in corded mode with the 12 Volt DC Power/Charging Cord plugged into the
12 Volt DC Power/Charging Port.
Operating the Spotlight and LED Area Lights
To use the lights, first set the Light Mode Switch to the desired operation – "SINGLE" Spotlight beam,
"TWIN" Spotlight beam or "AREA" for LED Area Lights.
TO OPERATE THE SPOTLIGHT
1. Slide the switch to select SINGLE or TWIN beam.
2. Flip up the Trigger Guard (see the "Controls and Functions" section).
3. Squeeze the Trigger.
4. To turn the Spotlight OFF, release the Trigger.
TO OPERATE THE LED AREA LIGHTS
1. Slide the switch to select AREA.
2. To turn the LED Area Lights OFF, slide the switch to any other setting.
Using the 12 Volt DC Accessory Outlet
Flip up the cover on the 12 Volt DC Accessory Outlet just above the base on the front of the unit.
Insert the appliance's DC plug and operate as usual. DO NOT EXCEED A 5 AMP LOAD.
Do not operate the 12 Volt DC Accessory Outlet while charging/recharging using the 120 Volt AC Charger.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every 30 days
when not in frequent use, preferably using the 120 volt AC method.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of the spotlight
unit with a soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
The quartz halogen bulb is the only user-replaceable part in the Spotlight. Periodically inspect the
condition of cords, connectors and wires. Contact Technical Support toll-free at 1-877-571-2391 to
replace any components that have become worn or broken.
Spotlight Bulb Replacement
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with bulb replacement, check the filament to determine if the bulb
needs to be replaced.
To replace either or both H3 type 12 volt 75 watt bulbs, you will need a small Phillips type screwdriver
and a replacement bulb (or bulbs). During installation, avoid touching the glass part of the bulb. Bulb
life may be shortened by installing a bulb with dirt or fingerprints on it. The bulb can be wiped clean
with a cloth moistened with alcohol.
1. Disconnect the unit from any charging adapters.
2. Push the rubber bezel forward toward the front of the spotlight to reveal two small Phillips screws
in the retaining ring.
3. Using the screwdriver, remove (counterclockwise) the two screws. Set them aside.
4. Lift off the retaining ring, glass lens and rubber "O" ring and set them aside.
5. Carefully remove the reflector and bulb assembly.
6. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire.
7. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector's flange.
8. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the reflector (no need
to completely remove this screw).
9. Lift out the bulb and detach wire.
10. Insert the replacement bulb into the reflector's flange.
11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace rubber bezel.
19. Operate switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulb with 12 volt H3 75 watt only.
1/20/2014 5:01:41 PM