1. Disconnect from charger.
2. The ON/OFF trigger is located in the front of the pistol-grip handle of the spotlight.
3. To turn the spotlight ON, squeeze the trigger.
4. To turn OFF the spotlight, release the trigger.
The ON/OFF trigger can be locked in the ON position using the trigger lock ON switch on the side of the unit.
operating the leD area lights
The ON/OFF pushbutton for the LED Area Lights is located on the top of the Spotlight.
IMPORTANT: The Battery Status LED Indicators will not light when the spotlight is turned on. The
Battery Status LED Indicators will light when the LED Area Lights are operated. (When all three battery
status LEDs light, it indicates a full battery. Only one red battery status indicator light indicates that
the unit needs to be recharged.)
using the Built-in carry lanyard
The Carry Lanyard may be used to store or carry the Spotlight. Adjust the slide on the cords to keep the
Lanyard secure around the supporting object.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PRODUCT DAMAGE:
• When light is hung by the carry lanyard, do not shake the spotlight or object that it is hanging from.
Do not hang the spotlight from any electrical wires or anything that it is not secure.
• Only use the carry lanyard for hanging this spotlight. The carry lanyard is not intended to support
additional weight. Do not attach or hang anything additional to the spotlight or risk of breakage
care anD maintenance
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every 30 days
when not in frequent use, preferably using the 120 volt AC method.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of the spotlight
unit with a soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
The quartz halogen bulb is the only user-replaceable part in the Spotlight. Periodically inspect the
condition of cords, connectors and wires. Contact Technical Support toll-free at 1-877-571-2391 to
replace any components that have become worn or broken.
spotlight Bulb replacement
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with bulb replacement, check the filament to determine if the bulb
needs to be replaced.
To replace the bulb, you will need a small Phillips screwdriver and a 6 volt H3 75 watt replacement
bulb. During installation, avoid touching the glass part of the bulb. Bulb life may be shortened by
installing a bulb with dirt or fingerprints on it. The bulb can be wiped clean with a cloth moistened
RUBBER BEZEL COVER
1. Disconnect the unit from any charging cords; and lock the trigger in the OFF position.
2. Push the rubber bezel forward toward the front of the spotlight to reveal two small Phillips screws
in the retaining ring.
3. Using the screwdriver, remove (counterclockwise) the two screws. Set them aside.
4. Lift off the retaining ring, glass lens and rubber "O" ring and set them aside.
5. Carefully remove the reflector and bulb assembly.
6. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire.
7. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector's flange.
8. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the reflector (no need
to completely remove this screw).
9. Lift out the bulb and detach wire.
10. Insert the replacement bulb into the reflector's flange.
11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace rubber bezel.
19. Operate switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulb with 6 volt H3 75 watt only.
12 Volt Dc charging cord plug Fuse replacement
The fuse in the plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging Cord protects the cord's charging circuit. If the 120
Volt AC Charger operates, but the DC Charging Cord does not, then this fuse may be opened (blown).
To replace the fuse:
1. Unscrew the end cap of the DC plug (counterclockwise).
2. Remove spring center contact and fuse.
3. Check fuse with a continuity checker.
4. If blown, locate a replacement 2 amp/250 volt fuse.
5. Replace the fuse, spring, contact and end cap.
6. Screw end cap clockwise until it is finger tight – DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
7. Test for proper operation of the 12 Volt DC Charging Cord.
The battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact manufacturer for any information you may
SAFE BATTERy DISPOSAL
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery, which must be
disposed of properly. Recycling is required, contact your local authority for information.
Failure to comply with local, state and federal regulations can result in fines, or
Contact your local waste management authority to dispose of this product.
7/30/2012 12:38:11 PM