Over time, your hearing "comfort level" adapts to higher volumes of sound, so what sounds "normal"
can actually be loud and harmful to your hearing. Guard against this by setting your equipment at a
safe level BEFORE your hearing adapts.
ESTABLISH A SAFE LEVEL:
• Set your volume control at a low setting.
• Slowly increase the sound until you can hear it comfortably and clearly, without distortion.
• Once you have established a comfortable sound level, set the dial and leave it there.
BE SURE TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
• Do not turn up the volume so high that you can't hear what's around you.
• Use caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous situations.
• Do not use headphones while operating a motorized vehicle; the use of headphones may create a
traffic hazard and is illegal in many areas.
• Do not attempt to install or service this product by yourself. Installation or servicing of this
product by persons without training and experience in electronic equipment and automotive
accessories may be dangerous and could expose you to the risk of electric shock, injury or other
• Do not attempt to operate the unit while driving. Make sure to pull off the road and park your vehicle
in a safe location before attempting to use the controls on the device.
• This product contains chemicals known to the State of California and other governmental entities to
cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
USE OF CONTROL OR ADJUSTMENT OR PERFORMANCE OF PROCEDURES OTHER THAN THOSE
SPECIFIED HEREIN MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
THE USE OF OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS WITH THIS PRODUCT WILL INCREASE EYE HAZARD.
• Do not allow this unit to come into contact with moisture and/or liquids. Electrical shock could result.
Also, damage to this unit, smoke, and overheating could result from contact with liquids.
• Always keep the volume low enough to hear outside sounds.
• This product is evaluated in moderate and tropical climate condition under the Audio, video and
similar electronic apparatus - Safety requirements, IEC 60065.
This product is a class 1 laser product classified under the Safety of laser products, IEC 60825-1:2007.
After-sales service for Pioneer products
Please contact the dealer, distributor from where you purchased this unit or the authorized PIONEER
Service Station for after-sales service or any other information. In case the necessary information is not
available, please contact the companies listed below:
Please do not ship your unit to the companies at the addresses listed below for repair without
contacting them in advance.
U.S.A. and CANADA
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIVISION
P.O. Box 1760
Long Beach, CA 90801-1760
For warranty information please see the Limited Warranty sheet included with this unit.
M.C. (multi-control) dial