Translation of the German original operating manual
Table of contents
Read operating instructions carefully before installing and
commissioning. Pay attention to the illustrations and all notes.
2 Product description
The remote transmitter supplied is taught in to the door
Packaging: Only reusable materials are used. Dispose of
packaging in an environmentally-friendly way and according
to local legal guidelines.
Scope of delivery see page 169
The following symbols are used in this manual:
CAUTION Warns of potential injury and material
damage. Non-observance of instructions marked with
these symbols can result in serious injuries and
8 / 214
NOTE: Important technical instructions that must be
4 Intended usage, Guarantee
This door operator is suitable for use in domestic garages.
Any other use is deemed incorrect.
This product must not be used in explosion-protected
The manufacturer must provide written and express approval
• Modifications or attachments
• Use of parts other than factory authorised replacement
• Repairs performed by persons or businesses that have not
been authorised by the manufacturer.
If approval is not obtained for any of the above, this may
invalidate the product's guarantee.
We will not be liable for damage
• Due to non-compliance with operating instructions
• Due to technical errors in connecting the door operator and
structural deformations that may occur during operation
• As a result of inappropriate door maintenance.
5 Informal Safety Measures
Keep the operating instructions handy for future use.
The inspection and testing log book provided must be filled
out by the person carrying out the installation and kept by the
operator along with all other documentation (door, door
6 Safety instructions
General safety instructions
The door operator may only be used if the entire range
of motion is clearly visible. Be mindful of others within the
action range of this product during operation.
Always disconnect the electrical power before working on the
Actions prohibited during use of a door operator:
• Passing or driving underneath a moving door
• Lifting of objects and/or persons with the door
• Children must not be left to operate the product
unsupervised; it is not a toy.
The door must only be operated when
• all users are familiar with its functions and operation.
• the door meets the requirements of European standards
EN 12604, EN 12605 and DIN EN 13241-1.
• the door operator is installed in compliance with the
relevant standards (EN 12453, EN 12445 and EN 12635).
• any optional safety devices such as a photo cell,
optosensor or safety rail are fully functional.
• garages without a second entrance have an emergency
lock release from the outside. It may be ordered separately
• an inset door in the garage door is closed and is equipped
with a safety device that prevents activation when the door
• an additional safety device (safety rail, etc.) has been
installed prior to activation of the automatic closure
• If a person with restricted physical, sensory or mental
capacity, or a person with little experience and/or