48~216 mm (1.89~8.5 in.)
ISO Magnetic Stripe card:
85.6 x 54.0 mm (3.37 x 2.13 in.)
0.76 mm (0.03 in.)
Embossed card is also acceptable.
A maximum of 3 cards can be loaded on the feed tray. The height of the total cards (the total thickness including
the embossing on each card) should be less than 5 mm (0.2 in.). Additionally, the embossing on each card must
not get entangled with others.
Use the landscape orientation when scanning an embossed card. If the scanning fails, place the card upside
down, and then try again.
Use the mixed batch card guide (See
The following types of documents may not scan properly:
• Irregular document thickness, such as envelopes
• Curled, wrinkled, or folded documents
5 mm (0.2 in.)
• Perforated or punched documents
• Not rectangular or irregularly shaped documents like documents with tags
• Thermal or photosensitive paper
• Extremely smooth, shiny paper, or paper that is highly textured
• Paper with carbon
• Carbonless paper
• Creased or ripped paper
• Coated paper
• Light penetrating documents such as OHP sheet and tracing paper
When documents cannot be scanned properly, try to change the resolution or the number of documents scanned.
The following types of documents must be avoided:
• Damaged or notched document/card
• Documents out of specified size, thickness, and weight
• Documents containing hard attachments such as metal or plastic (ex. Clips or staples)
• Bound or glued documents
• Document with wet ink or cinnabar seal ink
• Cloths and plastic films
70~2540 mm (2.76~100 in.)
25) when scanning mixed media (cards and papers) at the same time.
The height of all the documents on the tray should be
less than 5 mm (0.2 in.). This compares to 50 sheets
or 20 lb.) of new paper.
With the exception of ISO Magnetic Stripe cards, the
minimum guaranteed feeding length is 70 mm (2.76 in.).
Single paper feeding is recommended for papers
exceeding the legal size length.
Recommended paper: Plain paper
5 mm (0.2 in.)