Handle Installation and Removal
PARTS INCLUDED: Door handles (2), ¹⁄₈" and ³⁄₃₂" hex key as
needed, spare setscrew(s)
To Install the Handles:
NOTE: The handle mounting setscrews are preinstalled in the
1. Remove the handles, which are packed inside the refrigerator.
NOTE: To avoid scratching the finish, place the handles on a
towel or other soft surface.
2. Open the freezer door. On the refrigerator door, place the
handle on the shoulder screws with the setscrews facing the
A. Shoulder screws
B. Setscrews inside the handle
3. Firmly push the handle toward the door until the handle base
is flush against the door.
4. While holding the handle, insert the short end of the hex key
into the upper hole and slightly rotate the hex key until it is
engaged in the setscrew.
5. Using a clockwise motion, tighten the setscrew until it begins
to contact the shoulder screw.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to begin fastening the lower setscrew.
7. Once both setscrews have been partially tightened as outlined
in the previous steps, fully tighten both the upper and lower
IMPORTANT: When the screws feel tight, tighten them an
additional quarter-turn. The handle is not properly installed
without this extra tightening.
8. Open the refrigerator door and close the freezer door. Repeat
steps 2 through 7 to install the other handle onto the freezer
door with the setscrews facing the refrigerator.
9. Save the hex key and all instructions.
To Remove the Handles:
1. While holding the handle, insert the short end of the hex key
into the lower setscrew hole and slightly rotate the hex key
until it is engaged in the setscrew.
2. Using a counterclockwise motion, loosen the setscrew a
quarter-turn at a time.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the upper setscrew. Gently pull the
handle away from the door.
4. If necessary, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the shoulder
screws from the door.
Remove and Replace Handle Medallions (optional)
The handles for your model have red medallions on the ends.
Replacement medallions are available for purchase. See
"Accessories" to order.
1. Using a ¹⁄₈" hex key, remove the medallion from the end of the
2. Replace medallion.
3. Using the fastener removed in Step 1, attach the medallion to
Keep flammable materials and vapors, such as
gasoline, away from refrigerator.
Failure to do so can result in death, explosion, or fire.
IMPORTANT: This refrigerator is designed for indoor household
A. Handle medallion
7 7 7 7 7 7