Error Regarding the Power Cord Being Unplugged Is Displayed
The power cord may have been unplugged while the machine was still on.
Check the error message that appears on the computer, then click OK.
The machine starts printing.
Notice for Unplugging the Power Cord
• If you unplug the power cord, all the faxes stored in the machine's memory are deleted.
Writing Error/Output Error/Communication Error
If the POWER lamp is off, make sure that the power plug is plugged in, then
turn the machine on.
While the POWER lamp is flashing, the machine is initializing. Wait until the POWER lamp stops flashing and
Make sure that the printer port is configured appropriately in the printer driver.
* In the following instructions, "XXX" signifies your machine's name.
1. Log on as a user account with administrator privilege.
2. Select items as shown below.
• In Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, select Control Panel from the Settings charm on Desktop >
Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
• In Windows 7, select Devices and Printers from the Start menu.
• In Windows Vista, select the Start menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers.
• In Windows XP, select the Start menu > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Printers
3. Open the properties of printer driver for the machine.
• In Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7, right-click the "Canon XXX series Printer" icon (where
"XXX" is your machine's name), then select Printer properties.
• In Windows Vista or Windows XP, right-click the "Canon XXX series Printer" icon (where "XXX" is
your machine's name), then select Properties.
4. Click the Ports tab to confirm the port settings.
Make sure that a port named "USBnnn" (where "n" is a number) with "Canon XXX series Printer"
appearing in the Printer column is selected for Print to the following port(s).
Downloaded from ManualsPrinter.com Manuals
for unplugging the power cord.