14-64 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
• Connect the 12 V battery as indicated in the table, and
check the continuity between the terminals.
Normal Open Type Relay Inspection
Seat (see Frame chapter)
left Side Cover (see Frame chapter)
• Remove the relay [A] from the frame.
Relay Circuit Inspection
Atmospheric Temperature Sensor Inspection
Right Side Cover (see Frame chapter)
• Disconnect the atmospheric temperature sensor connec-
• Remove the atmospheric temperature sensor [A].
• Set the hand tester to the x 1 0 range, and check the
continuity between the terminals.
Special Tool- Kawasaki Hand Tester: 57001-1394
elmmerse the atmospheric temperature sensor [A] and the
thermometer  in a container filled with coolant, and
gradually increase the temperature of the coolant.
Do not allow the atmospheric temperature sensor or the
thermometer to come in contact with the container.
Atmospheric Temperature Sensor Activation
ON __ OFF between
7 - 13'C (45' - 55'F)
OFF __ ON before
If the sensor does not operate properly, replace it.