Switches and Sensors
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 14-61
Fuel Level Sensor Inspection
• Remove the fuel tank and take out the fuel level sensor
• Measure the resistance between the leoninaIs of the wire
*If the measurement is out of standard, or if the resistance
does not change smoothly in accordance with the up and
down movement of the float, replace the sensor.
Fuel level Sensor Resistance
Maximum Position (full): 4 - 10 (}
Minimum Position (empty): 90 - 100
Special Tool - Hand Tester:
• Check whether the float moves up and down without bind-
*11 it does not move smoothly, replace the sensor.
Float in Full Position (A]
Float in Empty Position [B]
Float Arm Stoppers [C]
1 100 :t50
Throttle Sensor Removal and Installation
Seat (see Frame chapter)
Right Side Cover (see Frame chapter)
• Disconnect the throttle sensor connector [A).
• Remove the mounting screw  and remove the throttle
Inlet side [C]
• When installing the throttle sensor, make sure to pertonn
an adjustment (see Throttle Sensor Adjustment).
Throttle Sensor Inspection
OMake sure that the battery is fully charged.
• Start the engine and warm it up thoroughly.
• Check the idle speed and stop the engine.
*11 the idle speed is out of standard, adjust it (see Fuel