14-26 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
OConfirm the alternator rotor
or not to the crankshaft
before tightening it with specified torque.
Olnstall the rotor and tighten
with 113 N·m (11.5 kgf·m, 83
ft·lb) of torque.
ORemove the rotor bolt.
OCheck the tightening torque with rotor puller.
*11 the rotor is not pulled out with 20 N·m (2 kgf·m, 15 ft·lb)
of drawing torque, it is installed correctly.
*11 the rotor is pulled out with under 20 N·m (2 kgf·m, 15
ft·lb) of drawing torque, clean off any oil dirt or flaw of the
crankshaft and rotor tapered portion, and dry them with
a clean cloth. Then, confirm that
is not pulled out with
• Tighten the alternator rotor bolt while holding the alterna-
tor rotor steady with the flywheel holder.
Torque - Alternator Rotor Bolt: 128 N·m (13 kgf.m, 94 ft·lb)
Special Tool - Flywheel Holder: 57001-1313
Torque - Alternator Cover Bolt: 12 N·m (1.2 kgf.m, 104 in.lb)
Stator Coil Removal
Alternator Cover (see Alternator Rotor Removal)
Holding Plate Botts [A] and Plate
Stator Coil Bolts (C)
• Remove the stator coil [OJ from the alternator cover.
Stator Coil Installation
• Apply a non-permanent locking agent to the bolts and
Torque - Stator Coil Bolts: 7.8 N·m (0.8 kgf·m, 69 in·lb)
• Secure the alternator lead with a holding plate, and
tighten the bolts.
Torque - Alternator Lead Holding Plate Bolts: 2.9 N·m (0.3
kgf·m, 26 in.lb)
• Install the Alternator Cover (see Alternator Rotor Installa-