5-2. Sewing condensed stitches
If you press the actuator switch (1) or the reverse lever (2)
while sewing is in progress, you can sew stitches (forward
direction) with small stitch lengths.
Before carrying out sewing, set the stitch length for
condensed stitches as follows.
1. Lift up the dial lock lever (3) to release the lock.
2. Turn the stitch length dial (4) to the stitch length to be
used for condensed stitches.
3. Tilt back the machine head.
4. Loosen the nut (5) and then turn the bolt (6) until its head
is touching the solenoid lever (7).
5. Tighten the nut (5) to secure the bolt (6).
6. Return the machine head to its normal position.
1. Return the stitch length dial (4) to the stitch length for
2. Push down the dial lock lever (3) to engage the lock.
3. Start sewing.
4. At the position where you would like to start sewing
condensed stitches, press the actuator switch (1) or the
reverse lever (2).
(Condensed stitches are sewn while the actuator (1) or
reverse lever (2) is being pressed.)
* To stop sewing condensed stitches, tighten the bolt (6) so
that its head is not touching the solenoid lever (7).