Ver 1.1 2000. 08
3 7 63 1515 0
NOTES ON HANDLING THE OPTICAL PICK-
UP BLOCK OR BASE UNIT
The laser diode in the optical pick-up block may suffer electro-
static breakdown because of the potential difference generated by
the charged electrostatic load, etc. on clothing and the human body.
During repair, pay attention to electrostatic breakdown and also
use the procedure in the printed matter which is included in the
The flexible board is easily damaged and should be handled with
Laser Diode Properties
• Material: GaAlAs
• Wavelength: 780 nm
• Emission Duration: continuous
• Laser Output Power: less than 44.6 µW*
* This output is the value measured at a distance of 200 mm
from the objective lens surface on the Optical Pick-up Block.
Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures
other than those specified herein may result in hazardous ra-
If the optical pick-up block is defective, please replace the whole
optical pick-up block.
Never turn the semi-fixed resistor located at the side of optical
When replacing the chassis (U.S) sub assy of mechanism deck
which have the "CAUTION LABEL" attached, please be sure to
put a new CAUTION LABEL (3-223-913-11) to the chassis (U.S)
Flexible Circuit Board Repairing
• Keep the temperature of the soldering iron around 270 ˚C dur-
• Do not touch the soldering iron on the same conductor of the
circuit board (within 3 times).
• Be careful not to apply force on the conductor when soldering
Notes on chip component replacement
• Never reuse a disconnected chip component.
• Notice that the minus side of a tantalum capacitor may be dam-
aged by heat.
DISC MAGAZINE GETTING OUT PROCEDURE
ON THE POWER SUPPLY IS OFF
Remove the COVER (LOWER.T) ass'y beforehand
1) Press the lever (ML.S) to arrow direction.
2) Removal the magazine assy.
Note: Take out the magazine only when the tray is completely within the
magazine. If the disk or tray is sticking out, turn on the power and
eject the magazine.