Removing any residual matter inside the
water supply line after installing the water
1. Turn ON the water supply if you turned it off
when you installed the water filter.
2. Run water through the dispenser until the water
runs clear (approx. 6 to 7 minutes).
This will clean the water supply system and
remove air from the lines.
3. Additional flushing may be required in some
4. Open the Refrigerator door and make sure
there are no water leaks coming from the water
Be sure to flush the dispenser thoroughly,
otherwise water may drip from the
This means that there is still air in the line.
DA68-03029B (EN)-04.indd 31
Reverse Osmosis Water Supply
The pressure of the water supply coming out of a
reverse osmosis system going to the water inlet
valve of the refrigerator needs to be between 35
and 120 psi. (241 and 827 kPa)
If a reverse osmosis water filtration system is
connected to your cold water supply, the water
pressure to the reverse osmosis system needs to
be a minimum of 40 to 60 psi. (276 to 414 kPa)
If the water pressure to the reverse osmosis
system is less than 40 to 60 psi (276 to 414 kPa):
• Check if the sediment filter in the reverse
osmosis system is blocked.
Replace the filter if necessary.
• Allow the storage tank on the reverse osmosis
system to refill after heavy usage.
• If your refrigerator has a water filter, it may
further reduce the water pressure when used
in conjunction with a reverse osmosis system.
Remove the water filter.
If you have questions about your water pressure,
call a licensed, qualified plumber.
English - 31
2015. 5. 8.