User Guide for Nokia Fitness Monitor LS-2 9231525 Issue 1...
Nokia reserves the right to revise this document or withdraw it at any time without prior notice.
Contents FOR YOUR SAFETY ...5 Overview ...6 First day of using Nokia Fitness Monitor... 6 Introduction ... 7 1. Parts and keys...9 2. Getting started ...10 Charging Nokia Fitness Monitor ...10 Switching Nokia Fitness Monitor on and off ...10 Using the menu and inserting data...11 Attaching Nokia Fitness Monitor...12...
4. Technical specifications ...22 5. Battery information...23 Charging and Discharging...23 CARE AND MAINTENANCE...24 © Copyright 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
Only qualified personnel may repair this product. CONNECTING TO OTHER DEVICES When connecting to any other device, read its user guide for detailed safety instructions. Do not connect incompatible products. WATER-RESISTANCE Your device is not water-resistant. Keep it dry. Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
■ First day of using Nokia Fitness Monitor 1. Charge Nokia Fitness Monitor over night: open the charging connector cover at the bottom of Nokia Fitness Monitor and attach the charger to the monitor and to a wall socket. Check the model number of any charger before use with this device. This device is intended for use when supplied with power from ACP-12 charger.
3. Attach Nokia Fitness Monitor to your belt or waist band and go about your daily activities. The Automatic The monitor automatically gathers information about your calory consumption, the amount of steps you take, and the distance you travel. The monitor recognises whether you are walking, running, or static.
Nokia Fitness Monitor helps you reach whatever fitness level you desire. Nokia Fitness Monitor is easy to use, since it has display and menu functions similar to Nokia phones. In addition, you can transfer the stored activity data from Nokia Fitness Monitor to a compatible Nokia phone using an infrared (IR) connection.
1. Parts and keys Nokia Fitness Monitor contains the following parts and keys. 1. IR port 2. Power on/off key 3. Display 4. Selection keys The function of the selection keys depends on the guiding text shown on the display next to the keys, for example,...
The Nokia Fitness Monitor battery lasts longer if you switch the monitor off during the night, instead of charging the device each day. Note: Nokia Fitness Monitor has a rechargeable battery that is not designed to be replaced by a consumer.
If Nokia Fitness monitor crashes and does not respont to any key presses, boot it by pressing When you switch Nokia Fitness Monitor on for the first time, it asks if you want to define your personal information. See personal information enables Nokia Fitness Monitor to calculate the distance you have covered and your calory consumption more accurately.
4. When you have inserted all the data, press ■ Attaching Nokia Fitness Monitor You can attach Nokia Fitness Monitor to your belt or waist band. Lift the clip (1) from the back of Nokia Fitness Monitor and clamp the belt under the clip. Make sure that Nokia Fitness Monitor sits firmly on your side against your waist or hip.
6. Walking Step 7. Running Step 4. SETTINGS 1. Time 2. Date RESULTS 1. The menu also contains submenus for the last 11 months starting from the month you first used Nokia Fitness Monitor. Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
3. Energy 4. Measurement 5. Language 6. Tone 7. Factory settings 5. EXTRAS 1. Stopwatch 2. Timer 6. DATATRANS Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
To select an activity other than Automatic: 1. Press Activity, and select the activity you are going to perform. 2. Press Start, attach Nokia Fitness Monitor to your belt or waist band, and start the activity. 3. When you want to end the activity, press Stop.
2. Select or Remove. If you select Add, Nokia Fitness Monitor displays a list of activities that are not currently in the activity list. If you select Remove, Nokia Fitness Monitor displays a list of activities that are currently in the activity list.
You can set your goals to be a certain amount of used energy, or a certain distance, or a number of steps. When you reach your one-time goal, Nokia Fitness Monitor beeps and displays a notification. When you confirm the notification by presssing OK, the monitor turns the one-time goal off.
There is no default one-time goal, and the default daily goal is 10.000 steps. ■ Personal information You can define personal information with Nokia Fitness Monitor for more precise information. Your personal information enables Nokia Fitness Monitor to calculate your calory consumption more accurately. In addition, you can define your walking and running step lengths for more exact information.
BMR. Nokia Fitness Monitor is designed for one-person use only. You can only store one set of personal information at a time.
Nokia Fitness Monitor plays. For more information, see Using the menu and inserting data To reset the factory settings, press Menu, and select settings. ■ Using stopwatch and timer Stopwatch Using the stopwatch increases the demand on battery power and reduces the battery life.
4. Activate the transfer from the phone. For more information, refer to the user guide of the phone. All the data stored in Nokia Fitness Monitor is transferred to the phone. When the transfer is ready, Nokia Fitness Monitor displays a success notification.
• Dimensions (diameter, thickness): 57 mm, 22 mm • Operation time: 32 h • Charging time: 2.5 h • Operating temperature: from -15°C to 55°C • Compatibility: Nokia Series 40 phones with IR connection and Fitness Coach functionality © Copyright...
Note: This device has a rechargeable battery that is not designed to be replaced by a consumer. For service of Nokia Fitness Monitor, take it to the nearest authorized service facility.
• Do not paint the device. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper operation. All of the above suggestions apply equally to your device and charger. If any device is not working properly, take it to the nearest authorized service facility for service. Copyright © 2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.