CHILD SAFETY: Fitting a child seat
The table below summarises the information already shown on the diagram on the previous page, to ensure the regula-
tions in force are respected.
Type of child seat
Carrycot fitted across the vehicle
Shell seat/rear-facing seat
Group 0, 0+ and 1
Group 2 and 3
X = Seat not suitable for fitting child seats.
U = Seat allowing a child seat with "Universal" approval to be attached by seat belt; check that it can be fitted correctly.
IUF/IL = On equipped vehicles, denotes a seat which allows a child seat with "Semi-universal", "Universal" or vehicle-specific ap-
proval to be attached by the ISOFIX device; check that it can be fitted.
(1) Only a rear-facing child seat can be fitted in this seat: position the vehicle seat as far back as possible, and gently tilt the seat-
back (approximately 25°).
(2) A carrycot can be installed across the vehicle and will take up two seats. Position the child with his or her feet nearest the
(3) Move the front seat as far forward as possible to install a rear-facing child seat, then move back the seat or seats in front in
accordance with the child seat instructions.
(4) Forward-facing child seat; position the seatback of the child seat in contact with the seatback of the vehicle seat. Adjust the
height of the headrest or remove it if necessary; do not push the seat in front of the child more than halfway back on its runners
and do not recline the seatback more than 25°.
(5) RISK OF DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY: before fitting a rear-facing child seat in the front passenger seat, check
that the air bag has been deactivated (refer to the information on "Deactivating the front passenger air bags" at the
end of the paragraph).
< 10 kg
F – G
< 13 kg
C, D, E
9 to 18 kg
9 to 18 kg
A, B, B1
15 to 25 kg and
22 to 36 kg
Rear side seats
seat (1) (5)
U - IL (2)
U - IL (3)
U - IUF - IL (4)
Rear centre seat