METHODS OF RESTRAINT IN ADDITION TO THE FRONT SEAT BELTS
All of the warnings below are given so that the air bag is not obstructed in any way when it is inflated and also to prevent
the risk of serious injuries caused by items which may be dislodged when the air bag inflates.
Warnings concerning the driver's air bag
– Do not modify the steering wheel or the steering wheel boss.
– Do not cover the steering wheel boss under any circumstances.
– Do not attach any objects (badge, logo, clock, telephone holder, etc.) to the steering wheel boss.
– The steering wheel must not be removed (except by qualified personnel from the RENAULT network).
– When driving, do not sit too close to the steering wheel. Sit with your arms slightly bent (see the information on "Adjusting
your driving position" in Section 1). This will allow sufficient space for the air bag to deploy correctly and be fully effective.
Warnings concerning the passenger air bag
– Do not attach or glue any objects (badge, logo, clock, telephone holder, etc.) to the dashboard on or near the air bag.
– Do not place anything between the dashboard and the passenger (pet, umbrella, walking stick, parcels, etc.).
– The passenger must not put his or her feet on the dashboard or seat as there is a risk that serious injuries may occur. In
general, parts of the body should be kept away from the dashboard (knees, hands, head, etc.).
– The devices in addition to the front passenger seat belt should be reactivated as soon as a child seat is removed, to ensure
the protection of the passenger in the event of an impact.
A REAR-FACING CHILD SEAT MUST NOT BE FITTED TO THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT UNLESS
THE ADDITIONAL RESTRAINT SYSTEMS, I.E. THE PASSENGER AIR BAG, ARE DEACTIVATED.
(Refer to the information on "Front passenger air bag deactivation" in Section 1).