Warning: Use only batteries, chargers, and enhancements approved by Nokia for
use with this particular model. The use of any other types may invalidate any
approval or warranty, and may be dangerous.
For availability of approved enhancements, please check with your dealer. When you
disconnect the power cord of any enhancement, grasp and pull the plug, not the cord.
19. Battery and charger information
Your device is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery intended for use with this
device is BL-5F. This device is intended for use when supplied with power from the following
chargers: AC-4, AC-5, AC-6, AC-8 or DC-4 chargers. The battery can be charged and discharged
hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are
noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery. Use only Nokia approved batteries, and
recharge your battery only with Nokia approved chargers designated for this device. Use of an
unapproved battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard.
If a battery is being used for the first time or if the battery has not been used for a prolonged
period, it may be necessary to connect the charger, then disconnect and reconnect it to
begin charging the battery. If the battery is completely discharged, it may take several
minutes before the charging indicator appears on the display or before any calls can be made.
Always switch the device off and disconnect the charger before removing the battery.
Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when not in use. Do not leave a
fully charged battery connected to a charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifetime.
If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Always try to keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). Extreme temperatures
reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work
temporarily. Battery performance is particularly limited in temperatures well below freezing.
Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can occur when a metallic
object such as a coin, clip, or pen causes direct connection of the positive (+) and negative
(-) terminals of the battery. (These look like metal strips on the battery.) This might happen,
for example, when you carry a spare battery in your pocket or purse. Short-circuiting the
terminals may damage the battery or the connecting object.
Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Batteries may also explode if
damaged. Dispose of batteries according to local regulations. Please recycle when possible.
Do not dispose as household waste.