various topics, such as weather or traffic conditions from
your service provider. For available topics and relevant
topic numbers, contact your service provider. In the main
view of Messaging, select
the main view you can see the status of a topic, a topic
number, name, and whether it has been flagged (
Help, and Exit.
Cell broadcast messages cannot be received in UMTS
networks. A packet data connection may prevent cell
Traditional text input
indicate the selected case.
that the first letter of the word is written in uppercase, and
all other letters are automatically written in lowercase.
indicates number mode.
allows you to receive messages on
are Open, Subscribe/
hotmark, Topic, Settings,
Copyright © 2005 Nokia. All rights reserved.
when you are writing text using traditional text input.
• Press a number key ( — ) repeatedly until the desired
character appears. There are more characters available
for a number key than are printed on the key.
• To insert a number, press and hold the number key.
• To switch between letter and number mode, press and
• If the next letter is located on the same key as the
present one, wait until the cursor appears (or press
to end the time-out period), and enter the letter.
• To erase a character, press
more than one character.
• The most common punctuation marks are available
under . Press
to open a list of special characters. Use
move through the list, and press
• To insert a space, press . To move the cursor to the
next line, press
• To switch between the different character modes, press
is shown on the top right of the display
. Press and hold
repeatedly to reach the desired
to select a