Cordless saw user manual
Warning! When using electric tools, the following
basic safety precautions should always be taken to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and personal
injury. Read all these instructions before attempting to
operate this product and save these instructions.
For safe operation:
• We recommend that you take appropriate measures
for the protection of hearing if the sound pressure of
85 dB (A) is exceeded.
• Keep the work area clean. Cluttered areas and
benches invite injuries.
• Consider work area environment. Do not expose
power tools or chargers to rain. Do not use power
tools in damp or wet locations. Keep work area well
lit. Do not use power tools in the presence of
flammable liquids or gases.
• Guard against electric shock. Avoid body contact
with earthed or grounded surfaces (e.g. pipes,
radiators, ranges, refrigerators).
• Keep children away. Do not let visitors touch the
tool or extension cord. All visitors should be kept
away from work area.
• Store idle tools. When not in use, tools and batteries
should be stored in a dry, high or locked place, out
of reach of children.
• Do not force the tool. It will do the job better and
more safely at the rate for which it was intended.
• Use the right tool. Do not force small tools or
attachments to do the job of a heavy duty tool. Do
not use tools for purposes not intended; for example,
do not use a circular saw to cut tree limbs or logs!
• Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or
jewellery as they can be caught in moving parts.
Rubber gloves and non-skid footwear are
recommended when working outdoors. Wear
protective hair covering to contain long hair.
• Use safety glasses. Use a face or dust mask if the
cutting operation is dusty or if using in enclosed spaces.
• Secure your work. Use clamps or a vice to hold your
work. It is safer than using your hand and it frees
both hands to operate the tool.
• Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance
at all times.
• Maintain tools with care. Keep tools sharp and
clean for better and safer performance. Follow
instructions for lubricating and changing
accessories. Keep handles dry, clean and free from
oil and grease.
KC1440SK ML p27-34 ENG
• Remove adjusting keys and wrenches. Form the habit
of checking to see that keys and adjusting wrenches
are removed from tool before switching it on.
• Avoid unintentional starting. Do not carry a
tool with a finger on the switch.
• Stay alert. Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate when you are tired.
• Check damaged parts. Before further use of the tool,
a guard or other part that is damaged should be
carefully checked to determine that it will operate
properly and perform its intended function. Check
for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving
parts, breakage of parts, mounting and any other
conditions that may affect its operation. A guard or
other part that is damaged should be properly
repaired or replaced by an authorised service
centre unless otherwise indicated in this instruction
manual. Have defective switches replaced by an
authorised service agent. Do not use the tool if the
switch does not turn it on and off.
• Warning! The use of any accessory or attachment,
other than recommended in this instruction manual,
may present a risk of personal injury.
• Have your tool repaired by a qualified person.
Repairs should only be carried out by qualified
persons using original spare parts, otherwise
considerable danger to the user may result.
• This electrical appliance is in accordance with the
Charger plug and cable
• Do not tug at the cable to pull the plug from the socket.
• Make sure the cable is located so that it will not be
stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected to
damage or stress.
• Keep the cable away from heat, oil, sharp edges
and rough surfaces and always ensure it is in
ADDITIONAL SAW AND CHARGER SAFETY
• Danger! 240 volts are present at the charging
terminals. Do not probe with conductive objects or
you will risk an electric shock.
• Danger! If the energy pack case is cracked or
damaged, do not insert into the charger or you will
risk an electric shock.
• The charger is designed for indoor use only.
• Do not operate the charger if it has received a sharp
blow, been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any
way. Take it to a Black & Decker authorised repairer.
30/3/00, 1:59 pm