During a Conversation
• During a 5-party conference, you cannot use this feature.
• With outside calls, you can put multiple calls on hold. However, with intercom calls, you
can put only one call on hold. One way around this is to use the Call Park feature. See two
• If a call is placed on hold for more than the programmed time, ringing or an alarm tone will
be heard (Hold Alarm/Hold Recall) and the LCD will ﬂash the following display.
— When holding extension 211, Mr. Brown: "211: Brown" will ﬂash.
— When holding exchange line, CO 1: "Call on CO 1" will ﬂash.
• If "Hold-2" or "Hold-3" is assigned by System Programming, you must dial "50" after
pressing the Recall button.
• Only an outside or intercom call can be placed on hold at any one time. If you want to hold
both calls, use the Call Park feature.
• 1.5 During a Conversation, "Retrieving a Call on Hold (Call Hold Retrieve)"
• 1.5 During a Conversation, "Placing a Call in System Parking Area (Call Park)"
• 1.7 Useful Features, "Conference (5-party)"
• See the Installation Manual, Section 3, "Hold".
Placing a Call on Hold Exclusively (Exclusive Hold)
Prevents other extension users from retrieving your held call. Only the user who held the
call can retrieve it.
Placing a call on exclusive hold
During a conversation
• The line key or INTERCOM light ﬂashes green slowly.
• The current call is placed on hold.
Retrieving a call on exclusive hold
Press the line key or INTERCOM
which is on exclusive hold.
• The line key or INTERCOM light ﬂashes green
• The current call is placed on exclusive hold.
Press HOLD again.
• The line key or INTERCOM light turns steady green.
• The held call is released.