DSS Console Features
With a Direct Station Selection (DSS) Console, model KX-T7040, you can make or transfer
calls and access system features with the touch of a button. The DSS Console must be
connected to a Panasonic Advanced Hybrid System and paired with a PT. System
Programming is required to designate the extension ports of the DSS Console. With a paired
telephone, you can carry out the following operations using the DSS Console.
• Direct access to an extension (Direct Extension Dialling)
• Quick access to an external party (One-Touch Dialling)
• Quick access to a system feature (One-Touch Access for System Features)
• Easy transfer to an extension (Call Transfer)
• Quick access to the day mode (Time (Day/Night/Lunch) Service)
• Quick access to the night mode (Time (Day/Night/Lunch) Service)
• Quick access to the lunch mode (Time (Day/Night/Lunch) Service)
• Quick setting of the Remote Extension Lock Control (Remote Extension Lock Control)
• The KX-T7040 and Proprietary Telephone (PT) should be placed side by side on your desk.
• A single line telephone cannot be paired with the KX-T7040.
• For System Programming, please refer to the Installation Manual.
PF buttons are provided with no default settings, while each DSS button has a default setting
DSS 01–24: extension numbers 201–224
DSS 25–32: no default settings
To meet your various needs, DSS buttons can be changed to other function buttons.
Every DSS or PF button can be assigned to another extension number, telephone number or
• Be sure the handset is on the cradle and the SP-PHONE button is off.
• To program, set the MEMORY switch on the proprietary telephone to "PROGRAM".
• After programming, return the MEMORY switch to the "SET" position.
• As to the buttons on your DSS Console, please refer to your DSS Console manual.