Note: When you charge the battery pack for the
first-time, or after prolonged storage,
charge it for about 24 hours to bring the
batteries up to full capacity.
1. Plug the charger into an AC outlet.
• Sparks may be produced when the plug is
inserted into the AC power supply, but this
is not a problem in terms of safety.
2. Insert the battery pack firmly into the charger.
(* EY0230 is referred for illustration.)
• When charging, cooling fan in the charger
functions to cool down the battery pack, and
the sound of fan can be heard. This is nor-
mal. If this sound cannot be heard, it is a
malfunction. Stop charging immediately and
consult an authorized dealer.
3. During charging, the charging lamp will light
up. When the charge is completed, an internal
electronic switch will automatically be trig-
gered to prevent overcharging.
• Charging will not occur if the battery pack is
warm (for example, immediately after
heavy-duty operation). The orange standby
lamp will light up until the battery becomes
cool. Charging will then begin automatically.
4. When charging is completed, the charging
lamp will start flashing quickly.
To AC outlet
• When the battery pack has not been used
for a long time, the charging lamp starts
flashing slowly to indicate protective charg-
ing. Protective charging takes longer to fully
charge the battery pack, then the standard
charging time. (Max. charging time is
approx. 90 minutes.)
5. If a fully charged battery pack is inserted into
the charger again, the charging lamp may light
up. After several minutes, the charging lamp
may flash quickly to indicate the charging is
• If the charging lamp does not light immedi-
ately after the charger is plugged in, or if
after the standard charging time the lamp
does not go off, consult an authorized
Note: • When a cold battery (of about 5°C or
less) is to be charged in a warm room,
leave the battery in the room for at least
one hour. Charge the battery when the
battery temperature has leveled with
room temperature. (Failing to do so may
result in less than a full charge.)
• Cool down the charger when charging
more than two battery packs consecu-
• Do not insert your fingers into contact
hole, when holding charger or any other
CAUTION: • Do not use power source from an
• Do not cover vent holes on the
charger and the battery pack.
• Unplug the charger when not in use.