SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
avoided, may result in minor or mod er ate injury.
hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
the warnings and instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as asbestos and lead in lead based paint.
• The intended use is described in this manual. The use of any accessory or attachment or the performance of any
operation with this appliance other than those recommended in this instruction manual may present a risk of
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
• Keep children and animals at a safe distance when using this appliance.
• Never pull the power lead to disconnect the plug from the cigarette lighter socket. Keep the lead away from heat, oil
and sharp edges.
• Be careful not to pinch the lead in the vehicle's doors, windows or levers.
• Do not use automotive vac to pick up liquids, toxic substances, flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or
use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or after the appliance malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into
water or is damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to any authorized service facility.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything
that may reduce air flow.
• Do not operate the unit without a filter in place. Replace a damaged filter promptly.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot ashes.
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place.
• When not in use, the appliance should be stored in a dry place. Children should not haveaccess to stored appliances.
• Before use, check the appliance for damaged or defective parts. Check for breakage of parts, damage to switches and any
other conditions that may affect its operation.
• Have any damaged or defective parts repaired or replaced by an authorized repair agent.
• Regularly check the power lead for damage. Replace the lead if it is damaged or defective.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any parts other than those specified in this manual.
• The appliance is designed for use with 12V negative ground vehicle battery systems.
• To reduce risk of damage to cigarette lighter connector and cord, pull by cigarette lighter connector rather than cord
when disconnecting charger.
• Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected to damage or stress.
• Do not operate appliance with damaged cord or cigarette lighter connector – replace it immediately.
• To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug appliance before attempting any maintenance or cleaning. Turning off
controls will not reduce this risk.
• Do not leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• Do not use on wet surfaces. Do not expose to rain. Store indoors.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
Indicates a potentially haz ard ous situation which, if not
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially
Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to follow
Some household dust contains chemicals known to the State of California
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury: