SAfEty guiDELinES / DEfinitionS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or
modification of tools or equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There
are certain applications for which tools and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly
recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for any application other than for which
it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating instructions before using any tool or
iMPoRtAnt SAfEty inStRuctionS
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL POWER INVERTERS
READ All INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed
below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• Avoid dangerous environments. Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use
appliances in the rain.
• Store idle appliances indoors. When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry, and
high or locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• Don't force appliance. It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the rate
for which it was designed.
• Use right appliance. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• Disconnect appliances. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use,
before servicing, and when changing accessories such as blades and the like.
• Proper cooling is essential when operating the inverter. Do not place the unit near the vehicle's
heat vent or in direct sunlight.
• Use of accessories and attachments. The use of any accessory or attachment not recommended
for use with this appliance could be hazardous. Note: refer to the accessory section of this manual
for further details.
• Check damaged parts. A part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by
• Outdoor use extension cords. When an appliance plugged into this unit is used outdoors, use only
extension cords intended for use outdoors and so marked. NOTE THAT THIS INVERTER IS NOT
INTENDED TO BE USED OUTDOORS.
• Extension cords. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension
cord, be sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized
cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The following table
shows the correct size to use depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating. If in doubt,
use the next heavier gauge. The smaller the gauge number, the heavier the cord.
Minimum Gauge for Cord Sets
Total Length of Cord in Feet (Meters)
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the State of
California to cause cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
• Do not connect to AC distribution wiring.
• Do not make any electrical connections or disconnections in areas designated as IGNITION
PROTECTED. This includes DC cigarette lighter type plug connection or airplane adapter. This unit is
NOT approved for ignition protected areas.
• NEVER immerse the unit in water or any other liquid, or use when wet.
• Do not insert foreign objects into the inverter's AC outlets or USB charging port.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE:
• Do not operate near flammable materials, fumes or gases.
• DO NOT expose to extreme heat or flames.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• Remove appliance plug from outlet before working on the appliance.
• DO NOT attempt to connect or set up the unit or its components while operating your vehicle. Not
paying attention to the road may result in a serious accident.
• Always use the inverter where there is adequate ventilation. Do not block ventilation slots.
• ALWAYS turn the inverter OFF by disconnecting it from the DC source when not in use.
• Make sure the nominal powering voltage is 12 volts DC, center connection positive (+).
• When using this unit in a vehicle, check the vehicle owner's manual for maximum power rating and
recommended output. Do not install in engine compartment — install in a well ventilated area.
• Do not use with positive ground electrical systems.* Reverse polarity connection will result in a
blown fuse and may cause permanent damage to the inverter and will void warranty.
*The majority of modern automobiles, RVs and trucks are negative ground.
• Keep in mind that this inverter will not operate high wattage appliances or equipment that produce
heat, such as hair dryers, microwave ovens and toasters.
• Do not open the inverter — there are no user-serviceable parts inside.
• Do not use this inverter with medical devices. It is not tested for medical applications.
• Keep away from children.This is not a toy!
• Install and operate unit only as described in this Instruction Manual.
• Do not use this inverter on a watercraft. It is not qualified for marine applications.
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Do not disassemble the unit; return it to the manufacturer
when service or repair is required. Opening the unit may result in a risk of electric shock or fire, and
will void warranty.
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
SAvE thESE inStRuctionS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE: Follow these instructions
and those published by battery manufacturer and the manufacturer of any equipment you intend to
use with this unit. Review cautionary markings on these products and on engine.
American Wire Gauge
6/12/2013 6:02:15 PM