How to Use
This product is for household use only.
Warning: To reduce risk of fire or electric shock, do not immerse cord, plug or
appliance in water or any other liquid.
• Remove all packing material and any stickers from product.
• Remove and save literature.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in CARE ANd ClEANING section of
• Open water reservoir lid and using carafe, pour fresh
cold water up to 12-cup level mark in water reservoir
• Close water reservoir lid.
• Place an 8 to 12 cup basket style paper filter into
removable filter basket.
• Place basket into filter basket holder (D).
• Close filter basket lid.
• Close lid on carafe.
• Place empty carafe on adjustable warming plate.
• Pull power cord out from cord storage in back of
coffeemaker and plug into standard electrical outlet.
• Brew water through appliance following BREWING COFFEE instructions,
without adding coffee grounds.
Note: This removes any dust or residue that may remain in system during
• discard water from carafe and paper filter from filter basket.
• Turn coffeemaker off, unplug and allow to cool down.
ADJUSTING POWER CORD LENGTH
Tip: You can adjust length of power cord to suit your needs.
1. To increase length of power cord, simply grasp cord (not plug) in rear of
coffeemaker and gently pull down and out of slot away from coffeemaker.
2. To decrease length of power cord, simply feed any excess cord into slot in
rear of coffeemaker.
SETTING THE CLOCK
1. Plug appliance into standard electrical outlet.
2. digital clock display flashes 12:00 (E).
Note: You must set display clock in order to use delayed
3. To change time, press HOUR (HR) button until
correct time appears (F).
Note: When time passes noon, a small icon appears in
bottom right corner of digital display to let you know
you are in P.M. time. If P.M. indicator is not illuminated,
time is A.M.
4. Repeat with Minute (Min) button (G). (If minute
setting is not changed within 5 seconds, clock will
revert to default time and selection of hour and minute
must be repeated.)
Tip: Hold buttons down to make hours and minutes
change rapidly after a short delay. To change the time
in 1-digit increments, press and release buttons.
Note: If coffeemaker is unplugged or power is interrupted even momentarily,
display time may need to be reset.
Note: It is not necessary to set the clock to brew coffee unless you want
Delayed Brewing feature
1. Open water reservoir lid.
2. Fill water reservoir with desired amount of cold tap
water using water markings on front of reservoir.
do not exceed 12-cup (MAX) level (H). Close lid on
3. Place an 8 to 12 cup basket style paper filter into the
removable filter basket, making sure it is centered.
4. Add desired amount of ground coffee.
5. Insert filter basket into filter basket holder following directions in GETTING
6. Close filter basket lid.
7. Place brew-thru lid on empty carafe.
Note: Coffee may overflow if brew-thru lid is not properly aligned.
8. Place empty carafe on adjustable warming plate.
9. Plug cord into standard electrical outlet.
10. Press power (
Brewing begins OR, to delay brewing, set auto
function before pressing the power (
See dElAYEd BREWING.
11. When coffee stops flowing into carafe, brew cycle is
12. Once coffee grounds have cooled, carefully open
filter basket lid and using basket handle, remove
and discard used grounds and paper filter. Close
filter basket lid.
) button; power light is illuminated.
) button (J).