Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
1. Be sure the coffeemaker is off and cooled. Open the cover, remove the filter
basket (lift straight up) and discard the grounds. Clean as follows: filter basket,
permanent filter, mug and mug lid may be handwashed in warm, soapy water.
The coffeemaker's exterior may be cleaned with a soft damp cloth.
Important: Do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. Never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.
CLEANING WITH VINEGAR
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is
recommended once a month. Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle
is a sign that a cleaning is needed.
1. Fill the mug about ¹⁄
water and pour into the water reservoir.
2. Place the mug on the mug rest.
3. Press the power switch and let the cleaning solution brew through until the
unit shuts off automatically.
4. Repeat the process using a new solution; do not reuse the first solution.
5. Use the mug to fill the reservoir with cold water and brew the plain water
through to flush out any remaining solution. You may have to repeat the plain
water cycle to remove any remaining vinegar taste.
6. Wash and dry the permanent filter, filter basket, lid and mug as instructed
2. To clean inside of reservoir cover, open the one-piece cover
allowing it to rest in the open position. Pull the showerhead
down and wipe the surfaces with a clean damp cloth. After
cleaning snap the showerhead back into place (D).
full with white vinegar and then to the top with cold