MEETING THE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
Power supply and grounding
Do not use an extension cord.
Only use the power cord that came with the dishwasher.
When preparing for the installation, ensure that your power supply offers:
• An AC 220-240V/50Hz fuse or a circuit breaker.
• An individual branch circuit serving your dishwasher.
Your dishwasher must be grounded. If your dishwasher malfunctions or breaks down, grounding will reduce
the risk of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for the electric current.
Your dishwasher comes with a power cord and a grounded, three-prong plug that can be inserted into a
properly installed and grounded outlet.
Do not connect the ground wire to a plastic plumbing line, gas line, or hot water pipe.
Improperly connecting the grounding conductor can result in electric shock.
Check with a qualified electrician or technician if you are unsure whether your dishwasher has been properly
Do not modify the plug provided with the dishwasher. If it does not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet
installed by a qualified electrician.
Do not drink the water from inside the dishwasher.
• The dishwasher may be connected to a cold or hot water supply, max 60ºC.
• A stopcock with a 3/4" male thread must be provided on tap.
• The water pressure must be between 0.05MPa and 0.8MPa. If the water pressure is to less, the water
supply valve may not operated properly causing the dishwasher to turn off. If the water pressure is too
high, a pressure reducer valve must be fitted.
You can reduce the risk of leaks and water damage by:
• Making water taps easily accessible.
• Turning off the taps when the dishwasher is not in use.
• Periodically checking the fittings for leaks.
The Aqua-Stop was invented as the perfect leakage protection system.
It is attached to the water supply hose and automatically cuts off the water flow in the event of damage to
Aqua-Stop is an electrical component.
• Take care that you do not damage the Aqua-Stop.
• Do not twist or bend the water supply hose connected to the Aqua-Stop.
If the Aqua-Stop has been damaged, shut off the water taps and pull out the power plug right away.
Once these steps have been taken, contact Samsung Customer Service or a qualified technician.
If you are using a drain exclusively for the dishwasher, connect the drain hose to a drain that is between
30cm to 70cm off the ground.
Connecting the drain hose to a drain more than 80cm off the ground can result the water in the dishwater
flowing back or draining incompletely.
Setting up your dishwasher _11