The initial setup dialog appears when the TV is first activated. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the initial setup
process, including menu language choice, channel scan, network connection, and more. At each step, either make a
choice or skip the step. Users can manually perform this process at a later time under the Screen Menu > System >
If you connect any device to HDMI1 before starting the installation, the Channel Source will be changed to
Set-top box automatically.
If you do not want to select Set-top box, please select Aerial.
Samsung 'On TV' Recommendations Service
The On TV service recommends TV programmes based on their popularity or your personal preferences. To enjoy the
On TV service, please follow the steps below. (You must have an Internet connection.)
1. Configure your TV: Select TV source to be used for On TV.
Aerial: Freeview, Freesat, DVB-T/C/S
Set-top box: External Cable Box, External Satellite Box
2. Auto tuning channels: This step only occurs if 'Aerial' was selected in step 1.
3. Select a Service Provider: To select your preferred programme provider for On TV, enter your postcode and select your
Freeview, Freesat or external satellite television provider from the displayed list.
4. Set-top Box Control Test: This test is for checking that your TV remote can control your Set-top Box. This step only
occurs if 'Set-top box' was selected in step 1.
Screen Menu > System > Change PIN
Change the TV's password.
1. Run Change PIN and then enter the current password in the password field. The default password is "0-0-0-0".
2. Enter a new password and then enter it again to confirm it. The password change is complete.
If you forget the PIN code, press the buttons in the following sequence which resets the PIN to "0-0-0-0":
For Standard Remote Control: In Standby mode:
For Smart Touch Control: When the TV turns on:
→ Volume up →
English - 14
→ 8 → 2 → 4 →
→ Volume up →
→ Volume down →