3. Make sure the connection is secure and that the
pawls are firmly locked into place; check visually and
by pulling the connector .
4. Make sure the joint rubber  is in place (between
the retainer tabs ).
5. Increase the fuel pressure and check that there is no
leakage in fuel supply system (page 7-6).
FUEL PUMP UNIT
Turn the ignition switch ON and engine stop switch " "
and confirm that the fuel pump operates for 2 seconds.
If the fuel pump does not operate, inspect as follows:
Turn the ignition switch OFF.
Lift and support the fuel tank (page 7-8).
Do not disconnect the quick connect fitting.
Disconnect the fuel pump unit 3P (Black) connector .
Turn the ignition switch ON and engine stop switch " ".
Measure the voltage at the fuel pump unit 3P (Black)
connector  terminals of the wire side.
CONNECTION: Yellow/red (+) – Green/red (–)
There should be standard voltage for a few seconds.
If there is standard voltage, replace the fuel pump unit.
If there is no standard voltage, inspect the following:
– Loose or poor contact on the fuel pump 1P (Black)
– Main fuse 30 A
– Sub fuse 15 A (FI)
– Sub fuse 7.5 A (ENG STOP)
– Ignition switch
– Engine stop switch
– Fuel cut relay (page 4-64)
– Open circuit in Yellow/red or Green/red wire
– ECM/PCM (page 4-68)