When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be fol-
lowed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE
• To protect against electrical shock, do
not immerse cord, plug, or base unit in
water or other liquid.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow time to cool before
putting on, taking off, or cleaning parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with
a damaged cord or plug, or if the
appliance malfunctions or has been
damaged in any manner. Contact
consumer support at the toll-free
number listed in the warranty section.
• The use of accessory attachments
not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause injuries.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table
or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce
the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one
way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent
removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt
to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should
be done only by authorized service personnel.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
2. Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be
used if care is exercised in their use.
3. If a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the power cord or extension cord should be at least
as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding
c) The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or
tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed
in these instructions.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Extreme caution must be used when
moving an appliance containing hot
food, water or other hot liquids.
• To disconnect while not steaming,
simply remove plug from wall outlet.
• To disconnect while steaming, press
Start/Stop button to discontinue
steaming, then remove plug from
• Do not use appliance for other than
• This appliance is not intended for use
by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instructions
concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to
ensure that they do not play with