15-22 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
• Run the neutral switch lead [A] as shown to avoid its being pinched
by the engine sprocket cover [ B ] ,
• Route the magneto leads in accordance with the Cable, Wire, and
Hose Routing section of the General Information chapter.
Torque - Magneto Cover Bolts : 8.8 N-m (0.90 kg-m, 78 in-lb)
• Fill the engine with engine oil (see Engine Lubrication System
Magneto Flywheel Removal (KLX650A)
Magneto Cover (see Magneto Cover Removal)
• Holding the flywheel steady, unscrew the flywheel bolt [ A ] .
Special Tool - Flywheel Holder: 57001-1313 [B]
• Pull off the magneto flywheel [A] from the crankshaft.
Special Tool - Rotor Puller, M16/M18/M20/M22 x 1.5: 57001-1216 [B]
O Screw in the puller while tapping the head of the puller with a
Magneto Flywheel Installation (KLX650A)
• Clean the following portions with an oil-less cleaning fluid such as
trichloroethylene or acetone.
These cleaning fluids are usually highly flammable and harmful if
breathed for prolonged periods.
Flywheel Taper [A]
Crankshaft Taper [B]
Threads of Crankshaft [C]
Threads of Magneto Flywheel Bolt
• Fit the flywheel onto the crankshaft so that the woodruff key fits in the
groove in the hub of the magneto flywheel.
• T i g h t e n the flywheel bolt while holding the flywheel steady with the
Molybdenum Disulfide Grease -
Magneto Flywheel Bolt Seating Surface
Torque - Magneto Flywheel Bolt: 120 N-m (12.0 kg-m, 87 ft-lb)
N O T E
Be sure to heed the fluid