Section 3 - Configuration
Understanding the Encryption Key setting:
The PowerLine devices on the same network must use an identical encryption key. The default encryption key for each PowerLine
device is HomePlugAV. All devices with a default encryption key can communicate with each other. It is recommended to
create a private encryption key for network security purpose. The private encryption key allows you to protect your network
from unauthorized access via the PowerLine network.
Setting your private Encryption Key
1. Enter the device's password before changing the encryption key:
• Local Device: You do not need to enter the device's password
before changing the encryption key.
• Remote Device: You must enter the device's password before
changing the encryption key.
Note: Each device has a unique device password on the device label.
2. Select the remote device and then enter the device's password into
the Set Device Password window. Then click OK.
3. Select the PowerLine devices that you would like to apply the encryption
key setting. Then, type your private encryption key into the Encryption
Key Setting field and click Set Selected Devices. The utility will show
a message once the setting has been completed.
D-Link DHP-310AV User Manual