The number of registered devices has reached its
limit. Retry after deleting an unnecessary device.
( 16, DEVICE DELETE)
"N/A VOICE TAG"
Make sure the same voice as the registered voice
tag is used.
The connected phone does not support Voice
Recognition feature or phonebook transfer.
"NO ENTRY" / "NO PAIR"
There is no registered device connected/found via
Try the operation again. If "ERROR" appears again,
check if the device supports the function you
"NO INFO" / "NO DATA"
Bluetooth device cannot get the contact
"HF ERROR XX" /
Reset the unit and try the operation again. If this
does not solve the problem, consult your nearest
Cleaning the unit
Wipe off dirt on the faceplate with a dry silicone or soft cloth.
• Do not touch the recording surface of the disc.
• Do not stick tape etc. on the disc, or use a disc with tape stuck on it.
• Do not use any accessories for the disc.
• Clean from the center of the disc and move outward.
• Clean the disc with a dry silicone or soft cloth. Do not use any solvents.
• When removing discs from this unit, pull them out horizontally.
• Remove burrs from the center hole and disc edge before inserting a disc.
Visit also the following website <www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/> for:
– Latest firmware updates and latest compatible item list
– Android™ application KENWOOD MUSIC PLAY
– Any other latest information
• This unit can only play the following CDs:
• Detailed information and notes about the playable audio files are stated in an online manual on the
following website: www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/audiofile/
• Playable audio file: MP3 (.mp3), WMA (.wma), AAC (.aac)
• Playable disc media: CD-R/CD-RW/CD-ROM
• Playable disc file format: ISO 9660 Level 1/2, Joliet, Long file name.
• Playable USB device file system: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32
Even when audio files comply with the standards listed above, playback may be impossible depending
on the types or conditions of media or device.
The AAC (.m4a) file in a USB device or a CD encoded by iTunes cannot be played on this unit.