DVD (8 cm / 12 cm disc)
Discs such as movies that can be purchased or rented
Video CD (VCD) (8 cm / 12 cm disc)
VIDEO CDs or CD-Rs/CD-RWs in VIDEO CD/Super VIDEO CD format
Audio CD (8 cm / 12 cm disc)
Music CDs or CD-Rs/CD-RWs in music CD format that can be purchased
CD-R/CD-RW (8 cm / 12 cm disc)
CD-R/CD-RW discs that contain audio titles, DivX, MP3, WMA, or JPEG files.
– Depending on the conditions of the recording equipment or the CD-R/RW (or DVD±R/RW) disc itself, some
CD-R/RW (or DVD±R/RW) discs cannot be played on the unit.
– Do not attach any seal or label to either side (the labeled side or the recorded side) of a disc.
– Do not use irregularly shaped CDs (e.g., heart-shaped or octagonal). Doing so may result in malfunctions.
– Depending on the recording software & the finalization, some recorded discs (CD-R/RW or DVD±R/RW) may
not be playable.
– DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and CD-R/RW discs recorded using a personal computer or a DVD or CD Recorder
may not play if the disc is damaged or dirty, or if there is dirt or condensation on the Recorder's lens.
– If you record a disc using a personal computer, even if it is recorded in a compatible format, there are cases in
which it may not play because of the settings of the application software used to create the disc. (Check with
the software publisher for more detailed information.)
Regional code of the recorder and DVDs
This recorder is designed and manufactured for playback of Region 4 encoded DVD software. The
region code on the labels of some DVD discs indicates which type of the recorder can play those discs.
This unit can play only DVD discs labeled 4 or ALL. If you try to play any other discs, the message
"Incorrect region code. Can't play back" will appear on the TV screen. Some DVD discs may not have a region
code label even though their playback is prohibited by area limits.
Notes on DVDs and Video CDs
Some playback operations of DVDs and Video CDs may be intentionally fixed by software manufacturers. As
this unit plays DVDs and Video CDs according to disc content designed by the software manufacturer, some
playback features of the unit may not be available or other functions may be added.
Refer also to the instructions supplied with the DVDs and Video CDs. Some DVDs made for business purposes
may not be played on the unit.
Remote Control Operation
Point the Remote Control at the remote sensor and press the buttons.
Remote Control Battery Installation
Remove the battery cover on the rear of the Remote Control, and insert two R03 (size AAA)
Do not mix old and new batteries. Never mix different types of batteries (standard, alkaline,