The following checklist will help you remedy
problems you may encounter with your unit.
Before going through the checklist below, check
the connection and operating procedures.
• Press (VOL) to adjust the volume.
• Cancel the ATT function.
• Set the fader control to the centre position for
a 2-speaker system.
The contents of the memory have been
• The RESET button has been pressed.
t Store again into the memory.
• The power cord or battery has been
• The power connecting cord is not connected
No beep sound.
• The beep sound is cancelled (page 22).
• An optional power amplifier is connected
and you are not using the built-in amplifier.
Indications disappear from/do not appear in
• The clock display disappears if you press
(OFF) for 2 seconds (page 5).
• Remove the front panel and clean the
connectors. See "Cleaning the connectors"
on page 26 for details.
Stored stations and correct time are erased.
The fuse has blown.
Makes noise when the ignition key is in the
ON, ACC, or OFF position.
The leads are not matched correctly with the
car's accessory power connector.
No power is being supplied to the unit.
• Check the connection. If everything is in
order, check the fuse.
• The car does not have an ACC position (page
t Press (SOURCE) on the unit (or insert a
disc) to turn on the unit.
The power is continuously supplied to the
The car does not have an ACC position.
The power aerial does not extend.
The power aerial does not have a relay box.
Cannot turn off the "--------" indication.
You entered the name edit mode.
t Press (LIST) for 2 seconds.
The rotary commander (RM-X6S) cannot be
Rotate the dial at the bottom of the rotary
commander until it can be operated.
A disc cannot be loaded.
• Another CD/MD is already loaded.
• The CD/MD has been forcibly inserted
upside down or in the wrong way.
Playback does not begin.
• Defective MD or dirty CD.
• CD-R/CD-RW that is not finalized.
• You tried to playback a CD-R/CD-RW not
designed for audio use.
• Some CD-Rs/CD-RWs may not play due to
its recording equipment or the disc
A disc is automatically ejected.
The ambient temperature exceeds 50°C.
The operation buttons do not function.
CD will not be ejected.
Press the RESET button.
The sound skips from vibration.
• The unit is installed at an angle of more than
• The unit is not installed in a sturdy part of
The sound skips.
Dirty or defective disc.
Preset tuning is not possible.
• Store the correct frequency in the memory.
• The broadcast signal is too weak.
The stations cannot be received.
The sound is hampered by noises.
• Connect a power aerial control lead (blue) to
the power supply lead of the car's aerial
booster. (Only if your car has built-in FM/
MW/LW aerial in the rear/side glass.)
• Check the connection of the car aerial.
• The auto aerial will not go up.
t Check the connection of the power aerial
• Check the frequency.
• When the DSO mode is on, the sound is
sometimes hampered by noises.
t Set the DSO mode to "off" or change the
DSO mode (page 24).