• If your car was parked in direct sunlight, allow
the unit to cool off before operating it.
• Power aerials will extend automatically while
the unit is operating.
If you have any questions or problems
concerning your unit that are not covered in this
manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
On a rainy day or in a very damp area, moisture
condensation may occur inside the lenses and
display of the unit. Should this occur, the unit
will not operate properly. In such a case, remove
the disc and wait for about an hour until the
moisture has evaporated.
To maintain high sound quality
Be careful not to splash juice or other soft drinks
onto the unit or discs.
Notes on discs
• To keep the disc clean, do not touch the surface.
Handle the disc by its edge.
• Keep your discs in their cases or disc
magazines when not in use.
Do not subject the discs to heat/high
temperature. Avoid leaving them in parked cars
or on dashboards/rear trays.
• Do not attach labels, or use discs with sticky
ink/residue. Such discs may stop spinning
when used, causing a malfunction, or may ruin
• Discs with non-standard shapes (e.g., heart,
square, star) cannot be played on this unit.
Attempting to do so may damage the unit. Do
not use such discs.
• You cannot play 8 cm CDs.
• Before playing, clean the discs with a
commercially available cleaning cloth. Wipe
each disc from the centre out. Do not use
solvents such as benzine, thinner, commercially
available cleaners, or antistatic spray intended
for analog discs.