Adjusting the sound
You can adjust the bass, treble, balance, fader,
and subwoofer volume.
The bass and treble levels and subwoofer volume
can be stored independently for each source.
Select the item you want to adjust by
pressing (SOUND) repeatedly.
Each time you press (SOUND), the item
changes as follows:
BAS (bass) t TRE (treble) t
BAL (left-right) t FAD (front-rear) t
SUB (subwoofer volume)
Adjust the selected item by pressing
either side of (SEEK).
When adjusting with the rotary commander,
press (SOUND) and rotate the VOL control.
Adjust within 3 seconds after selecting the item.
Quickly attenuating the
"ATT on" appears in the display momentarily.
To restore the previous volume level, press
When the interface cable of a car telephone is
connected to the ATT lead, the unit decreases the
volume automatically when a telephone call comes in
(Telephone ATT function).
Changing the sound and
The following items can be set:
• Clock (page 9)
• CT (Clock Time) (page 19)
• Beep — to turn the beeps on or off.
• Multi language (language selection) — to
change the display language to English,
German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish,
Portuguese, Swedish, Polish, Czech, or
• D.Info (Dual Information) — to display the
clock and the play mode at the same time (on).
Functions only when SA is not set to B-1 – B-5.
• SA (Spectrum Analyzer) (page 28) — to
change the display pattern of the equalizer
• M.Dspl (Motion Display) — to select the
Motion Display mode from "1," "2," and "off."
– Select "1" to show decoration patterns in the
display and activate Demo display.
– Select "2" to show decoration patterns in the
display and deactivate Demo display.
– Select "off" to deactivate the Motion Display.
The Demo display in the M.Dspl 1 mode will
appear about 10 seconds after the unit is turned
• Dimmer — to change the brightness of the
– Select "Auto" to dim the display only when
you turn the lights on.
– Select "on" to dim the display.
– Select "off" to deactivate the Dimmer.
• Contrast — to adjust the contrast if the
indications on the display are not recognisable
because of the unit's installation position.
• A.Scrl (Auto Scroll)
– Select "on" to scroll all automatically
displayed names exceeding 8 characters.
– When Auto scroll is set to off and the disc/
track name is changed, the disc/track name
does not scroll.