* If the input rating of a battery charger is given in watts rather than in amperes, the
corresponding ampere rating is to be determined by dividing the wattage rating by the
voltage rating–for example:
Do not operate battery charger with damaged cord or plug-replace them immediately.
Do not operate battery charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or
otherwise damaged in any way; take it to a qualified serviceman.
Do not disassemble battery charger; take it to a qualified serviceman when service or
repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug charger from receptacle before attempting any
maintenance or cleaning. Removing the battery will not reduce this risk.
This battery charger might be attached to HITACHI battery operated tools as a standard
accessory. In this case, please confirm Instruction Manual of the HITACHI battery
operated tools before using the battery charger.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF THE
BATTERY AND BATTERY CHARGER
You must charge the battery before you can use the power tool. Before using the model
UC 24YFA battery charger, be sure to read all instructions and cautionary statements on it,
the battery and in this manual.
REMEMBER: USE ONLY HITACHI BATTERY TYPES EB7 SERIES, EB9 SERIES, EB12 SERIES,
EB14 SERIES, EB18 SERIES, AND EB24B. OTHER TYPES OF BATTERIES MAY BURST AND
Follow these instructions to avoid the risk of injury:
1. NEVER disassemble the battery.
2. NEVER incinerate the battery, even if it is damaged or is completely worn out. The
battery can explode in a fire.
3. NEVER short-circuit the battery.
4. NEVER insert any objects into the battery charger's air vents. Electric shock or damage
to the battery charger may result.
5. NEVER charge outdoors. Keep the battery away from direct sunlight and use only
where there is low humidity and good ventilation.
6. NEVER charge when the temperature is below 32°F (0°C) or above 104°F (40°C).
7. NEVER connect two battery chargers together.
8. NEVER insert foreign objects into the hole for the battery or the battery charger.
9. NEVER use a booster transformer when charging.
10. NEVER use an engine generator or DC power to charge.
= 10 amperes
Improper use of the battery or battery charger can lead to serious injury.
To avoid these injuries: