When the clamping nuts are loosened, the cut-off
wheel may be damaged when the wheel axle starts
revolving, creating a hazardous condition.
3. Ascertain clamping of the protective cover
Possible accidents such as a cracked cut-off wheel
are prevented by this protective cover (guard cover).
Although it has been fully clamped at the factory
prior to delivery, securely re-clamp the mounting
screws for safety.
Confirm that the protective cover (wheel cover) is
4. Confirming belt tension
Ascertain that belt tension is appropriate.
Excessive tension will damage the motor and
insufficient tension will cause the belt to slip; in
both instances, the machine will be unable to fully
demonstrate its performance.
5. Ascertain the working power supply
Always use the machine under the power supply
specified on the instruction plate.
6. Ascertain that the switch is OFF
Should the cord be carelessly or inadvertently
plugged in a receptacle when the switch is ON,
unexpected and serious trouble may occur.
Then plug the cord into a receptacle and ascertain the
1. Check the Rotative Direction
The rotating direction can be determined by referring
to the arrow direction on the safety-cover.
2. Inspect facial deflection of the Cut-off wheel
Rotate the Cut-off wheel to inspect any facial
A heavy deflection will cause the Cut-off wheel to
3. Applying a trial run
Continued grinding without noticing a cracked or
split cut-off wheel may prove to be very hazardous.
Before starting operation, temporarily step away
from the front position and make a trial run to
confirm that no abnormalities are involved.
Trial run periods:
When replacing a cut-off wheel ...... Over 3 minutes.
When starting routine work ............ Over 1 minute.
MOUNTING AND DISMOUNTING
Always turn OFF the switch before starting the
1. Dismounting the Cut-off Wheel (Fig. 3)
(1) As shown in Fig. 3, the spindle has a rotation stop
hole. Stop the spindle by inserting a screwdriver
(or a 10 mm rod) through the hole.
(2) Remove the sub-cover and use the provided
19×24 mm spanner to loosen the M16 bolt.
(3) Remove the M16 bolt, 16 mm spring washer, washer,
and wheel washer; then dismount the wheel.
2. Mounting the Cut-off Wheel
(1) Thoroughly remove dust from the wheel washer,
washer, 16 mm spring washer, and M16 bolt, then
mount the wheel by following the dismounting
procedure in reverse order. Always install the washers.
(2) After clamping the 16 mm clamping bolt is
completed, always mount the sub-cover.
It is dangerous to remove or install the workpiece
while the cut-off wheel turning.
(1) Grip the cutting material steady with a vise. Should
gripping be insufficient, it will lead to the cutting
material jumping off, and even to a hazard of
cracking the cut-off wheel.
(2) Rotate the cut-off wheel, gently press down the
handle, and bring the cut-off wheel close to the
(3) When the cut-off wheel contacts the cutting material,
gently press down the handle further and start cutting.
(4) When cutting (or designated slotting) is completed,
raise the handle and restore it to its original position.
(5) At the termination of each cutting process, turn OFF
the switch to stop rotation and proceed with the
subsequent cutting job.
HOW TO OPERATE
1. Cutting at angles (Fig. 4 and 5)
(1) The machine permits cutting at angles of 45° or 60°.
(2) Loosen the two bolts on the stationary vise-jaw,
then set the working surface on the vice-jaw at any
angles of 90°, 60°, or 45° as shown in Fig. 5. Upon
completion of setting, securely tighten the two bolts.
2. Moving the stationary vise-jaw (Fig. 6)
The vise opening is set at the maximum of 180 mm
when shipped from the factory. In case an opening
of more than 180 mm is required, after unscrewing
the two bolts, move the vise-jaw to the position
shown by the dotted line.
In this case, the maximum vise opening will become
MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTION
Be sure to switch off and pull off the plug from
the power outlet before inspection and maintenance.
1. Replacing a cut-off wheel
When the cut-off wheel has already become dull
while continually using, the unnecessary load is got
from the motor. Consequently, redress or replace
a dull cut-off wheel to ensure grinding efficiency.
2. Inspecting the mounting screws
Regularly inspect all mounting screws and ensure
that they are properly tightened. Should any of the
screws be loose, retighten them immediately. Failure
to do so could result in serious hazard.
3. The Cut-off Machine promptly starts rotating and
cutting when the switch is turned ON. Although this
design is convenient, it will create hazards if handled
Always disconnect the power cord from the line
receptacle after use. After completing each cutting
job, store the machine in a dry location beyond the
reach of children.