OPERATING THE INDUCTION COOKING ZONES
IMPORTANT OPERATING NOTES:
• Fluids spilled or objects lying on the controls area of the cooktop may cause the cooktop
to display error code and turn OFF while cooking. Clean the spills or remove the objects
from the cooktop.
• Be sure the cooktop vent holes are NOT blocked. If the vent holes are blocked the
cooktop internal sensor may shut OFF to avoid over heating the appliance.
• If the cookware or pan is moved from the center of any active Cooking Zone for any
reason, a sensor will detect the situation and the cookware will no longer heat. The
affected Cooking Zone LED will flash between
Cooking Zone. The Cooking Zone will remember the power level setting for up to 3
minutes before the Cooking Zone will automatically shut OFF.
To Turn OFF the Cooking Zones:
1. Once cooking is complete, touch the
2. A beep will sound and the chosen Cooking Zone power level LED will display
turn OFF the corresponding Cooking Zone was activated more then 10 seconds. If no
other key pads are touched the Cooking Zone will shut OFF automatically in 10
seconds. If no other Cooking Zones are active and no other key pads are touched the
entire cooktop will shut OFF automatically in 20 seconds.
3. When any Cooking Zone is OFF, the corresponding Cooking Zone LED may display
if the Cooking Zone temperature is too HOT. The LED will continue to display
even if the Cooktop is switched OFF the LED will continue to display
cooktop remains HOT.
The Cooking Zones may appear to be cool while turned ON and after they have been turned OFF. The glass
surface may be HOT form residual heat transferred from the cookware and burns may occur.
INDUCTION COOKING PREHEAT RECOMMENDATIONS
When preheating a pan on the cooktop always watch carefully. Whenever using the
cooktop the user should always pay attention to any items cooking and remain attentive
until the cooking process is complete.
Keep in mind that induction may decrease the amount of time required to preheat a
Setting Surface Controls
F F F F F
and the last power level set for the
key pad to turn the Cooking Zone OFF.
0 0 0 0 0
H H H H H
H H H H H
H H H H H
as long as the